A Little Bit of Wood!
Hello and thanks for looking at this post. This little creation has been languishing for almost two weeks, a few bits missing thus stopping it from looking complete. Enter the new Fresh Cut Floral Picot Dies and an idea formed. A short explanation follows.
- Stamp Bird of Paradise stamp onto card with a permanent ink. Trim. Set aside.
- Place Leafy Strip Stencil on card, spray over Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Sprays, blot, spritz, cut out and repeat twice more. Set aside.
- Die-cut medium Floral Stellar die twelve times from designer paper. Form into flowers using four cut images and curl each petal. (I used the point of a pokey tool to wrap each petal around.)
4. Attach three long wired flowers/berries to wood slice. (I bent around three centimetres at the foot of each wired flower to an 'L shape' and used Glossy Accents with tape to secure to wood.) Allow glue to dry before next step.
5. Trim Oxide fronds into three or four adjoining leaves; arrange and glue over wires at base.
6. Attach flowers to suit. Glue bird onto one of the flower wires using Glossy Accents.
(A few strands of stamens were added to the centre of each flower here.)
Et voila! A wood, wire and paper sculpture.
Hope the details are helpful and encourage to 'have a go.'
Meantime - I have five more sets of dies to try out. Wonder what will come next?
'The Making Lady'
Stamps, Dies and Stencil used:-
- Wood Slice
- Distress Oxide Sprays - Vintage Photos, Spiced Marmalade
- Designer Papers of Choice
- Wired Flowers
- Permanent Ink Pad
- Water Spray