Clarity Stamps 12” x 12” Papers
An origami envelope, made without glue. I found this in one of my books and used it as the topper for last year’s Advent Calendar boxes. Unfortunately, I cannot find the source, necessitating in taking one of the originals to bits to remind myself how it was done. You would think that making twenty four, would have cemented the process well and truly into my brain!
Measurements of starting point for envelopes are four parts to one.
i.e. 1 inch x 4inches = 1 inch envelope
2 inches by 8 inches = 2 inch envelope
3 inches by 12 inches = 3 inch envelope
3” x 3” Envelope
(constructed from 3” x 12” strip)
*With a small sliver taken off each side, square Three Way Overlay stamps will fit.
1. Cut strip measuring 12 inches x 3 inches from chosen 12” x 12” Clarity Designer Paper.
2. Fold in half. Burnish with bone folder for a crisp fold. Open up.
3. Fold left side in towards centre, stopping just short of centre fold. Burnish as before.
4. Repeat with right hand side. Paper should look as in Photograph A.
N.B. I found that folding the paper instead of scoring gave a more accurate result.
1. Fold top right corner of extreme right-hand square down to *almost* bottom left corner of same square and score as shown. Burnish.
2. Fold top left corner of second square from left to *almost* meet bottom right corner of same square as in Photograph B.
N.B. *Almost* allows a tiny bit of wiggle room.
1. Fold left hand bottom square upwards, over the triangle. Burnish flat.
1. Fold left hand square over central square to expose triangle fold.
2. Tuck point of triangle at right side behind existing triangle to complete envelope shown below in Photograph E.
Hope these instructions make sense and that the photos help. Once you get into the rhythm, you will be making these with abandon!
‘The Making Lady’