Piece de Resistance
This was created from the idea that one of the stamps reminded me of the mysterious Omani ladies who wore intricately embroidered and beaded veils. It is a mixed media canvas with altered printed photos as a topper. It was fun to do!
· Clarity Stamps – Tina’s Henna Doodles
· Ink Pads:- Archival Black; Artistry – Rich Mocha, Sweet Toffee, Black Shadow
· Grunge Paste
· Various Spray Colours – found whilst rearranging stash
· Rice Paper
· Photocopied photograph x 2
1. Tear around both photo face images and set aside. Add texture paste to canvas, roughen the surface with a palette knife.
2. Stamp around photo using black ink followed by clear detail. Repeat with gold embossing powder.
3. Apply photos onto canvas and brush glue over.
4. Stamp a variety of stamps onto rice paper, add embossing powder and heat set.
5. Glue around perimeter of canvas.
6. Add Inka Gold around edge.
Thank you for your visit. There will be another blog at the beginning of June.
Until then, take care and craft happily.
'The Making Lady'