Sunday 5 July 2015

Something from Nothing



Something from Nothing!


Hello again,from me in Shelagh-land. I was overseas for a spell earlier this year and set off with an extra suitcase filled with crafting goodies as I knew I would have some time to fill in. One afternoon I'd had my fill of cards etc so decided to go off on a tangent and make a pot for my brushes and pencils to sit on the desk. 
Cut a crisp carton in half and glue the lid to the open top so you now have two cylinders.
Stamp, heat emboss then blend Festive Berries, Worn Lipstick and Ripe Persimmon over a sheet of super smooth paper to wrap around each cylinder.
Stamp a number of flowers and butterflies, colour and cut them out, then use them to decorate the cylinders.
To hide the plastic lid rim, I ran a line of super sticky double sided tape around it then applied a sheet of gilding leaf. 
Stamp, heat emboss and ink another sheet for the base. To give it substance, I triple mounted it onto black, white the black card before attaching the cylinders to it. 
To finish, I stamped and inked another sheet to place inside the pots. 
Et voila! Something from nothing. 

Thanks again for your visit. I will be adding some other items I made whilst away over the next week or so, so please come and visit again soon. Meantime, happy summer crafting.
                                                            Best wishes,
                                                               Shelagh. 
                                                                   ;~}


No comments:

Post a Comment