Monday 28 September 2015

Thank You Card
September 28th

Hello again, hello! 
Back from Overseas-land and currently grappling with the complexities of my new computer so thought I'd try out a post before the next Clarity Challenge 'D Day!'

During my time in Kuwait, we were invited to a 'soiree' and a very pleasant evening was enjoyed by all! The host certainly deserved a 'Thank You' card and this is what I was able to do with my limited choice of stamps (I'd only taken out Christmas themed ones to experiment with.) 
I stamped the tree house, masked it, brayered over with 'Weathered Wood' Distress inks, added a hilly background and a moon before decorating with a variety of stamps. The house foundation was elongated with a Micron pen, the tree-trunk (seen behind the deer) was used to create the fence posts and the house lightly shaded with Spectrum Noir pencils.

As the completed card was too large for any envelope, I made this little pocket to contain it, the card being retained in place by two little card triangles.
A card square was used to keep the pocket closed. 

This was done with limited crafting resources but when needs must, it's amazing how many little challenges can be resolved.

Many thanks to you for reading this. If you'd like to leave a comment, then please do as they are greatly appreciated.

Will be back with another post on 1st October!

See you soon,

Shelagh.




2 comments:

  1. A lovely Thankyou card Shelagh. I bet it was appreciated all the more for being handmade. Your pocket was a clever idea as well, I often end up with cards that don't quite fit any envelopes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lesley. I first came up with the pocket idea for my great niece's birthday card which I made using the Clarity nursery rhyme stamps. On the reverse I had written out all the rhymes, thus needed access to both sides. ;~}

    ReplyDelete