This month's colour palette more than suggested 'Valentine' to me and although my finished project is not at all how I envisaged it at the outset, I think it reflects the essence of St Valentine's Day. The instructions and materials are listed below. Happy browsing!!!
- Stamps:- Chocolate Baroque 'Punky Hearts;' 'Mackintosh Beauty;' Mackintosh Windows'
- Cardstock:- White
- Inkpads:- Archival Black; Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Antique Linen, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick
- Misc:- Faber Castell Polychromo Colouring Pencils, Derwent Inktense Pencils, Glue Pen, Alcohol Markers, Clear Glitter, sticky notes.
- Using black Archival, stamp the 'wavy' leaf from the Punky Hearts set eight times. Sweep over Twisted Citron followed by Mowed Lawn using blending foam pads, leaving some areas lighter than others. Cut out and edge with a dark grey marker.
- Draw a template of a heart on a folded sheet of card and cut out. Draw around this twice on a piece of white card and cut out. Set aside.
- Cut a heart out from the centre of the template and draw around this in the centre of on of the reserved hearts. Cut out centre to leave a heart frame.
- Using Archival black, stamp the garland from the Mackintosh Beauty set onto sticky notes and cut out three masks. (Cut all three out at once to save time.)
- Again using Archival black and beginning at the lower point of the heart frame, stamp and mask the garland, working around the perimeter. (I worked from side to side to achieve a sense of symmetry.) Colour leaves, flowers and berries using Inktense pencils to introduce each colour (from the CB palette) and add depth using Polychromos. Outline inside and outside border with a dark grey alcohol marker. Blend over Antique Linen. Apply glue pen to the outer leaves only and sprinkle over glitter. Set aside.
- Stamp leaves and berries from the same garland repeatedly over the solid heart and colour in as before. Lightly blend over Antique Linen.
- Stamp the lady from Mackintosh Windows twice using Archival black onto white card. Colour the faces using a very pale pink alcohol marker, the eyes and lips with Polychromos. the hair was coloured first with Inktense and as before depth created with Polychromos as were the large flowers.
- Cut out face from one image and attach onto the other to create some depth.
- Glue onto main heart to suit the attach frame using foam pads.
- Stamp large rose from the Mackintosh Beauty set (I stamped and coloured six but only used three) and colour using Picked Raspberry. Add glitter to highlight areas.
- Glue onto to heart frame using foam pads.
- Run double sided tape around the reverse perimeter of the heart shape to hold the leaves. Attach to suit.
- Finish off by attaching a loop to the reverse.
- (To create a tidy back, I cut out another heart and attached it to the main heart to cover all the 'workings.')
Et voila! - Rennie's Rose!
Thank you for reading this post.