Hochanda August 26th 2017
Clarity Stamps - Carpe Diem
Clarity Stamps - Carpe Diem
Hi - details of the examples made for the Hochanda birthday shows on Saturday 26 August 2017 and my first for the main DT.
- Stencil:- Town
- Stamps:- Flutterby, Word Chain 5, Wee Folk 3 Fairies
- Card:- Watercolour
- Ink Pads:- Artistry - Golden Turmeric, Blushing Rose, Moon Crater; Archival - Cobalt, Cornflower
- Misc:- Polychromos
1. ‘Smoosh’ the colours onto watercolour paper and spritz liberally with water. Mop excess.
2. Place stencil behind the soaked paper and run through die-cutting machine. (I wanted a negative emboss.) *NB I cut the upper frame off the stencil to achieve a clear outline. Allow to dry.
3. Apply Archival Cornflower to Girl and Cobalt to Butterflies. Stamp to suit.
4. Colour windows with yellow Polychromos.
5. Trim. Blend Moon Crater around lower edge to intensify colour.
6. Stamp Dream and stars using Cobalt onto trimmings. Add to card.
Hold On Tight!
• Stencil:- NDC Trees
• Stamps:- Girl and Butterflies, Carpe Diem
• Ink Pads:- Artistry Golden Turmeric, Fancy Fuchsia, Orange Popsicle, Rusticana; Archival Black
• Clarity Stencil Card – large size cut in half
1. ‘Smoosh’ all colours listed over card; spritz with water allow to drip and mop with kitchen roll.
2. Attach damp card to stencil and emboss using a die-cutting machine. Allow to dry.
3. Stamp Girl to suit using black Archival. Trim.
4. Stamp ‘Carpe Diem’ and colour. Cut and mount.
Wait for Me!
· Stamps:- Fly Away, Girl with Butterflies
· Ink Pads:- Archival Watering Can, Black
· Indian Summer Paper
· Groovi Plates:- What is This Life, Jayne’s Postcard Framer, Tina’s Flowers
· White parchment
1. On Indian Summer paper, stamp Boy and Birds using Watering Can; stamp Girl using Archival Black. Trim.
2. On A4 white parchment, emboss What is Life frame, extending it to fit trimmed stamped image.
3. Add the banner from Jayne’s Postcard, shrinking it to fit. Emboss ‘Wait for Me’ using letters from Jayne’s Postcard plate.
4. Colour using Polychromos.
5. Pierce and cut.
6. Add flower.
· Groovi Plates:- Ivy Wreath, Poppy Wreath
· Northern Lights Parchment (Ivy Wreath), Indian Summer Parchment (background), white parchment (poppies)
· Misc:- Polychromos, Spectrum Noir Blending Fluid and Paper Stumps, white card
1. Emboss Ivy Wreath onto Northern Lights sheet, omitting the central leaf vein on all leaves. Pierce and cut.
2. On white parchment, emboss fourteen poppies; colour with Polychromos and blend with Spectrum Noir Blending Fluid.
3. Cut around outline of seven poppies and leaves and attach to wreath to suit. Cut out remaining poppies – flowers only and add to centre of each flower.
4. Cut Indian Summer parchment to suit and mount onto white card. Add wreath.
Wishing on a Star.
· Groovi Plates :- Nested Squares, Nested Circles, Nested Stars, Fairy 2, Swing on a Star.
· Indian Summer Parchment
· Misc:- Acetate, Polychromos, Spectrum Noir Blending Fluid, Paper Stumps, Brads
1. Emboss largest circle followed by largest square then create a smaller inner square on Indian Summer parchment.
2. Emboss Fairy 2, replacing dandelion with star from Nested Stars.
3. Create a crescent moon from Nested Circles. Stipple areas of moon. Add stars from Swing on a Star plate.
4. Add writing (all letters and dots from Swing on a Star plate.)
5. Colour areas to suit using Polychromos and blend with Spectrum Noir Blending Fluid (learnt at this year’s Retreat).
6. Pierce and emboss areas to suit.
Thank you for visiting. Hope this has been helpful.
'The Making Lady.'