Clarity Challenge 41 Mid-month
A Day Out
A Card from Delft
· Cardstock:- Clarity Stencil card 7 x 7 ins – two pieces; card blank 16.5 x 7.5 ins – scored at 2ins, 4ins, 10.25ins
· Clarity Stamps:- Large Harbour Scene, Windmill from Wee Farm Scene, Girl on Bicycle from Wee Folk1, Wee Houses, Wee Shops, Ornate Lamp Posts – second smallest, Word Chain Alphabet
· Clarity Stencil:- Cracked Box Frame Stencil, Pond Fish Stencil
· Inkpads:- Archival Cobalt Blue; Distress Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky
· Fine Micron Pen
· Faber Castell Polychromos
· Blue Alcohol Marker
1. With Cobalt Blue, stamp the Girl on Bike and Lamp Posts on main card and on post-its. Cut the latter out and mask the images on the main card.
2. Mask a horizontal line slightly above half way.
3. Using the top of the masking tape as a guide, stamp the houses and shops along this line.
4. Using the foot of the tape as a guide, place the stencil over and blend over Tumbled Glass. Remove this stencil and place the Pond Fish stencil where the previous one ended. Blend over more Tumbled Glass. Outline the ‘rocks’ with a fine Micron pen and doodle a waterline to demarcate the area between the ‘wall and the water.
5. Stamp each boat from the Harbour Set and join with a Micron line. Add an anchor line from the larger boat and a few ripples around.
6. With 3rd and 4th generation ink, add the small fish to give an underwater illusion.
7. Shade areas with pale blue and grey Polychromos. Add shadows in a similar fashion.
8. Mask the shops and houses and blend over Stormy Sky.
This is my original and not the actual card.
9. Outline main card with blue alcohol marker and repeat on mat.
10. On a strip of card, cut to fit mountain fold, stamp windmill and sentiment. Outline with blue marker and add shadows. Adhere to front of card.