Indigoblu Challenge Mid-month Inspiration
· Canvas board 5ins x 7 ins
· Acrylic Paint – Opaque Teal, Translucent Teal, Semi-opaque Brown
· Sepia Burst
· Indigoblu Stamps – Ledger Background, Looks Like Rain Deer set, Nature 1 set, Discover Your Passion set, Wild Flowers
· Inkpads:- Archival Potting Shed, Sepia; StazOn Ganache, Teal Blue
· Mod Podge – Matte
· Versamark Pen
· Teal Embossing Powder
S Self- adhesive gems
S Self- adhesive gems
· Alcohol Markers – Light Brown, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, Teal, Blender Pen
1. Load brayer with Opaque Teal paint and lightly roll over canvas. Repeat with Semi-opaque Brown then Translucent Teal, ensuring the covering is patchy in all three applications. Alow to dry.
2. Squeeze a few puffs of Sepia ‘Burst’ and activate with a fine water spray. Roll a few sheets of kitchen paper over the canvas to mop the excess water and pigment
3. Ink up the pair of small trees from ‘Looks Like Rain Deer’ with Potting Soil and stamp over in the far background. To achieve a random effect, press stamp with fingers as opposed to mounting on a block.
4. As in 3) with Potting Soil, stamp the partial tree on the mid-left hand side of the canvas.
5. Repeat with Large Cow Parsley stamp and Sepia ink on the middle and repeat with Ganache near fore-ground of the canvas.
6. Ink the blots from the Ledger stamp with Ganache and as in 3) randomly stamp along the lower quarter of canvas.
N.B. In an earlier life, I think I cut the blots off the main stamp and this made it easier to manipulate, giving a vintage effect.
7. Draw Versamark stems along the foot of the canvas, add Teal embossing powder and heat set. Draw a line with dark brown marker on the inside of each stem, then soften with blender pen.
8. On paper, stamp a double consecutive image of Wild Flowers. Colour the flower heads with Polychromos, edge with brown alcohol markers, fussy cut and set aside. At the top, rip along the length of the remaining stamped image, colour over with a teal alcohol pen, followed by a light brown. Apply to foot of canvas using Mod Podge.
10. Stamp ‘Love to Create’ using StazOn Teal Blue onto paper. Heat set then colour over with light brown alcohol pen. Cut out then outline with medium brown marker. Apply to canvas using Mod Podge.
11. Stamp out butterfly from Nature 1 twice in Teal Blue, 1st and 2nd generation. Cut out all four images, outline with medium brown. Apply sparkle from Sparkle pens. Attach to corner of sentiment.
This project was a joy to complete and I must admit, I'm quite taken with the 'look' of the finished canvas although it's wildly different from my usual crafting.
Stamps can be found via the Indigoblu website.
Thanks for visiting and happy crafting.