Clarity Challenge 42 Mid-month
· Clarity Stamps:- Matrix Feathers large and small; Birds form ‘Bird and Flower Row’
· Groovi :- Banners Border; Calendars, Relatives, Occasions Border plates
· Inkpads:- Archival – Watering Can, Distress Worn Lipstick
· Cardstock:- 12 x 12 white card
· Scrap parchment
1. On a sheet of 12 x 12ins card, lightly draw a circle in pencil (I drew around a ‘salad’ plate – larger than a tea plate but smaller than a dinner plate.
2. Using Watering Can, stamp the large feather firstly at ‘12o’clock’ then stamp onto post-it notes to form masks. Cut out a number of masks and use one of them to mask the first stamped image. Hover with your feather stamp and decide where your second stamped image will be best placed on your pencilled circle as this will form the pattern.
3. Continue to mask and stamp until a grey circle has been formed. Fussy cut, leaving a border.
4. Draw a slightly larger circle on another sheet of 12 x 12 (for this I used an upturned soup bowl) and repeat (3.) Stamp Worn Lipstick onto a Clarity Blending Mat, craft sheet, or glass mat and colour the feather circle with a watered down pink. Fussy cut and reserve.
5. Stamp the Birds from ‘Birds in a Row’ onto a Gel Press print and cut out. Repeat and cut out the wings only. Attach the wings onto the bird images with foam pads. Reserve.
6. Stamp the small feather onto scrap parchment, one for every bird image, add embossing powder and heat set. Fussy cut and add as a tail to each bird.
1. Place foam tape around the reverse of the grey feather circle and place over the pink feather circle.
2. Add foam pads to birds and attach to suit.
3. Using the Groovi Borders, emboss Fine Feathers, pierce with the twin tool then cut out. Add to circle to suit.
Et voila! Les Oiseaux!