Hello and welcome to my blog. Above is my entry to the 'Take It, Make It challenge in Craft Stamper. Apologies to Rihanna but the title seemed to fit the bill; it was either that or a play on the name of a famous brand of raincoat! Below is a short explanation should you wish to 'have a go.'
· Stencils:- Clarity Umbrellas, Umbrella Girls, Jo’s Bubbles
· Stamps:- Clarity – ‘Joy’ set
· Cardstock:- Clarity - Stencil Card 7x7ins; Crafters’ Companion – Black A4; Papermania – 8x8 card blank
· Inkpads:- Distress Inks – Pumpkin, Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Fired Brick, Peacock Feathers, Old Paper, Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Black Soot;
· Miscellaneous:- Faber Castell Polychromos; White Chalk marker; Fine black pen; Quickie Glue pen; Glamour Dust; Wink of Stella – Silver; Turquoise alcohol marker
1. Using a loop of low-tack tape, fasten Umbrella Girl ‘inner’ stencil to centre of a sheet of 7x7 card to act as a mask; tape Umbrella stencil over and blend a variety of bright Distress Inks over the stencils.
2. Remove stencils and tape Umbrella Girl ‘outer' stencil over to protect surrounding colour. Colour image with Antique Linen, Old Paper and Tea Dye. Add definition with Polychromos. Remove stencil.
3. Add highlights to umbrellas with white chalk pen. Scribble fine borders around coloured shapes and add dots to white areas.
4. Mist with water spray and blot.
5. Place Jo’s Bubbles stencil over and colour small circular apertures with white chalk pen. Repeat over main umbrella.
6. Add Silver Wink of Stella, followed by glue pen and glitter over the white circles on main umbrella.
7. Stamp music stave from Joy set randomly in 1st and 2nd generation ink.
8. Add and colour wavy border; outline with turquoise pen then mount onto white, black then 8x8 card blank.
Et voila - Umbrella Ella.
. . . . . Or it could be 'Femme avec Parapluie!' ;~}