Hello and thank you for looking at my blog. Thanks to issues with my email, it was difficult to transfer documents from one area to the other hence the delay.
It was thrilling to work with these stencils and stamps and I hope you will enjoy working with them too. Stencils, stamps, ink pads and most of the supplies may be found on the Clarity website - claritystamp.com
1. Multi-animal Stencil
* This example is a bit of an enigma as I used a number of components to create the colour on Yupo paper and surprise, surprise - some of them fought giving different textures. I loved the imperfections here hence its inclusion in my blog.
· Stencils:- The Earth Sings – Multi-Animals
· Stamps:- Mini Word Chain – ‘Friendship’
· Card/Paper:- Clarity Yupo; Designer Paper Northern Lights;
Colours:- Staz-on Black; Artistry Inks Clarity Stamps, Stencils, Masks
· – Pampas, Moon Crater, Lime Kiss, Old Paper, Cinnamon Tea, Teal, Chestnut; Radiance – Black; Sharpie Pens – Turquoise, Green, Grey, Black;
· Misc:- Wink of Stella – Clear; Sparkle Pens – Clear, Black, Gold, Silver; Surgical Spirits
1. Tape stencil centrally onto Yupo (from the reverse.)
2. Sponge through Black Staz-on.
3. Take another sponge, dampen with Surgical Spirit and drag residual ink from stencil onto Yupo. (*NB1 – I created multiple prints on Theuva card by repeating this until the stencil was clean. **NB2 – drag ink from foot upwards, to fade out at the top of each image but also watching each delicate cut piece on stencil.)
4. Dab Lime Kiss (for moon,) Pampas and Moon Crater onto craft mat along with some drops of water and paint around outline of stencil. Allow the paint to settle and merge on the Yupo. Allow to dry.
5. Paint areas of each animal with other listed inks.
6. ‘Dibble’ Sharpies around background then add spots of surgical spirit to the Yupo. Move the
7. paper around to move the surgical spirit and colour. Dibble again to suit.
8. Add Wink of Stella to areas of the animals to highlight. Add Sparkle Pens. (*There was a reaction between the Wink of Stella, Sparkle Pens and Cinnamon Tea ink on the fox’s body. I rather liked the texture it created thus left it but did not add these to the face as it was too small an area.
9. With Radiance Black, stamp ‘Friendship’ Mini Stamp onto a sliver of Northern Lights paper, using 2nd and 3rd generation inks.
10. Edge with black Sharpie, layer and add to card blank.
Multi Animal Stencil
(Ten minute creation)
*The mirror finish to the card makes it difficult to photograph without shadow and this is why it is at an oblique angle.
· Stencil – Multi-animals
· Ink Pads:- Stay-on Black
· Card/Paper:- Blue self-adhesive mirri card, holographic mirri card, Theuva
· Misc:- Canvas
1. Tape Multi-Animal stencil onto mirri card and run through die-cutting machine.
2. Sponge over Staz-on Black until even.
3. Allow to dry. (N.B. Set inky stencil aside to use in Project 3 and Project 4.)
4. Layer onto chosen card then onto canvas.
3. Multi-animal Stencil
*The background paper was a piece of 'mop-up' card, coloured from inky residue on my craft mat.
· Stencil:- Multi-animals
· Stamps:- Mini Chains – Harmony, Trust, Beauty, Strength, Love, Our, Wonderful, Earth
· Ink Pads:- Radiance – Black; Staz-on Black,
· Card/Paper:- Clarity Stencil card with Multi-Animal print created from residual Staz-on on stencil
1. Place inky stencil from mirri card project over stencil card. Add a few drops of surgical spirit onto a make-up sponge and gently sweep over inked areas of stencil onto stencil card evenly. (Remove stencil and set aside for Project 4.)
2. Background – ‘Mop-up.’ Spritz inky craft sheet with water and place stencil card over to mop up all left over ink. (In this instance it was Artistry Inks - Elegant Emerald, Ocean Reef, Blushing Rose, Old Paper)
3. Using Radiance Black stamp chosen Mini Word Chain words onto card then layer to suit.
4. Create border around card blank as above.
5. Lightly brush a mixture of Pampas and Old Paper around stamped border.
Multi Animal Stencil
*The stencil had a residue of permanent ink on it and the effect on the card was achieved by sponging this off with surgical spirits.
· Stencil:- Multi – animal
· Stamps:- Flowers from Bird set, Word Chain 07, Mini Word Chains
· Ink Pad:- Archival Black, Encore Silver, Radiance Black
· Card/Paper:- Clarity Designer card - Shenandoah, Clarity Designer Paper – Shenandoah, Theuva card
· Misc:- Sakura Clear Star pen
1. Attach inky stencil over chosen designer card and sweep residual ink over evenly using a make-up sponge dampened with surgical spirit.
2. Add highlights using Clear Star pen.
3. Layer and attach to card blank.
4. Cut a strip of matching designer paper and edge with a black Sharpie. Attach onto side of card blank.
5. Stamp 18 large flower outlines from the ‘Bird and Flowers’ set onto the remainder of designer paper sheet. Cut out each.
6. Cut into 9 of the flowers, curl edges and glue to remaining 9.
7. Place down side of card to suit, attaching with Perga Glue.
8. Add self-adhesive gem to centre of each flower.
9. Using Radiance Black, stamp chosen Word Chain word; allow to dry then over-stamp with silver.
10. Repeat using same word from the Mini Word Chains.
Winter Tree Stencil
* The inner circle landscape was completed first, followed by a spritz of water to remove some of the colour. On colouring outside this, a different effect was achieved by accident - the stray splashes of water had altered the card thus leading to darker areas.
· Stencil:- Winter Tree in Circle
· Stamps:- Toadstool + Mask, Hare, Wee Animals
· Card/Paper:- Stencil card
· Ink Pads:- Artistry – Aged Stucco, Mud Stone, Pampas, Burnt Umber, Blaze, Blushing Rose, Camel Safari; Versafine Vintage Sepia
· Moon mask
1. Using Versafine Vintage Sepia stamp toadstool onto stencil card. Add mask.
2. Hinge-tape stencil to stencil card and flip back.
3. Dab Sepia Versamark over tree part of stencil, flip back onto card and feed through die-cutting machine.
4. Tear copy paper into a hilly landscape and place under stencil, leaving stencil in place.
5. Blend or brush over Aged Stucco for sky, Mud Stone for hills and Pampas for grass, moving copy-paper mask to suit. Reserve copy-paper mask.
6. Remove stencil and spritz with a fine water spray. Blot with kitchen roll. Dry with heat gun.
7. FRAME :- Replace stencil and draw around perimeter with a sepia Micron pen, filing in gaps. Move stencil slightly and draw a second circle. Repeat for a third time.
8. Stagger vertical lines around frame and colour each other one with same sepia pen.
9. Mask around and inside frame with sticky notes then add blended/brushed background to match in with the previously created inner circle landscape. (*NB the card which has absorbed water from the spritzing in 6) will give a more intense colour – and I just love it! One spritz, two effects!!!!)
10. Remove toadstool mask and paint with Blaze, Blushing Rose and Camel Safari. (‘Paint’ means dab colour onto craft mat, pick up with paint brush, apply and add water to dilute colour if necessary.)
11. Stamp ‘Alighting Bird’ from Wee Animal stamps and Hare from toadstool set to suit.
12. Attach embellishment using Perga Glue (FAB GLUE!!!!)
Be Still Stencil
*The addition of a mixture of glycerine and water changes the fibre structure of the Kraft card and it becomes almost pliable.
· Stencil:- ‘Be Still’
· Stamps:- Birds
· Card/Paper:- Kraft card, Clarity Black card, smooth sand-coloured card
· Ink Pads:- Artistry - Dark Garnet, Camel Safari, Black Shadow
· Micron Pen
Change a sheet of Kraft card to ‘faux leather’ using the Sheena Douglass You-Tube instructions. Required materials:- Kraft Card, 6 parts water to 1 part glycerine (from pharmacy) in a spritzer bottle
1. Whilst damp, skiff over paper with Dark Garnet and Camel Safari ink pads.
2. Whilst damp, attach chosen stencil to front of damp card and run through die-cutting machine to emboss.
3. Outline all impressed areas with a black pen. Add detail.
4. Add an outline around images and border.
5. Stamp ‘Birds’ onto faux leather offcut.
6. Stamp three birds and three more for wings. Attach to foot of card.
Be Still Stencil
· Stencil:- Be Still
· Stamps:- Birds and Flowers set
· Card/Paper:- Theuva, Designer Card and Designer Paper – Shenandoah
· Ink Pads:- Radiance Black; Artistry:- Cinnamon Tea, Rusticana, Fall Fiesta
1. Tape stencil over Theuva card.
2. Brush/blend chosen Artistry Inks over wording.
3. Trim and layer – the final layer being Designer card.
4. Using Radiance black, stamp two sets of birds plus four onto matching Designer paper. Attach to foot of card.
5. Cut out wings only from second set and attach to each with a small foam pad.
6. Add two separate birds to suit.
The Earth Stencil
· Stencils – The Earth, Circle Inner from Circle Frame
· Card/Paper:- Theuva, Clarity Designer Paper Rainbow River
· Ink Pads:- Lime Kiss, Golden Turmeric, Pampas, Amazon Trail
· Misc:- Quickie Glue Pen; Silver glitter, Self-adhesive gems – silver , green; Micron Pen
1. Tape the circle to Theuva card using low-tack masking tape.
2. Place ‘The Earth’ stencil over and tape down.
3. Brush/blend over listed inks.
4. Remove stencils and brush Lime Kiss over the stencilled circle.
5. Outline the hares with black Micron pen.
6. Add glue with glue pen over wording and sprinkle over silver.
7. Layer onto designer paper then onto card blank.
8. Add self-adhesive gems.
9. The Earth Stencil
*This was another card resulting from cleaning the stencil - too much ink to waste!
· Stencil:- Be Still
· Stamps:- Birds and Flowers set, Alphabet Word Chain
· Ink Pads:- Radiance Black, Artistry Black Shadow
· Card Paper:- Theuva, Clarity Designer Card, Clarity Designer Paper – Indian Summer
1. Place stencil over Designer Card and secure.
2. Blend over Black Shadow.
3. Trim and layer onto card blank.
4. Cut strip of designer paper to fit.
5. Stamp chosen sentiment using Word Chain Alphabet using Radiance Black.
6. Stamp flower outline from Birds and Flowers set off the page.
7. Edge strip with black Sharpie.
8. Embellish with white pen.
9. Add to card.
Bad Hare Day
*A bit of a play of words on 'Mad March Hare' and 'Bad Hare Day,' reminding me of a hair show I took part in during my first year of teaching. I can still recall the astonished faces in the staff room when I waltzed in with scarlet hair. Wasn't the done thing in those days!
· Stencil:- Multi Animals
· Stamps:- Letterbox, Letterbox Numbers
· Ink Pads:- Artistry – Blaze, Cinnamon Tea, Golden Turmeric, Elegant Emerald, Ocean Reef, Indian Jamun, Groovy Grapes
· Card/Paper:- Theuva, Water Colour paper
· Clarity 9 x 3 Mega Mount
1. Mask stencil leaving only the hare visible.
2. Blend over - in order – Blaze, Cinnamon Tea, Golden Turmeric, Elegant Emerald, Ocean Reef, Indian Jamun and Groovy Grapes.
3. To create background paper:- On Mega Mount placed landscape, dab Blaze along entire length. Repeat with each colour in order. Spritz with water then place water colour paper over and smooth. Turn over press firmly down onto Mega Mount to ensure all areas are coloured.
4. When dry, trim and add stencilled hares.
5. Stamp sentiment using Letter Box ovals and letters.
(Ten minute card)
· Stamps:- Toadstool; Word Chain 07 ; Mini Word Chain
· Ink Pads:- Versafine Vintage Sepia; Artistry – Blaze, Groovy Grapes, Mudstone, Earth Song, Black Shadow
· Card/Paper:- Kraft card
1. Using Versafine Sepia, stamp Toadstool four times, end images ‘off-page.’
2. Dab chosen Artistry Inks onto craft sheet and paint toadstools accordingly.
3. Stamp chosen words from Word Chain and Mini Word Chains.
Thank you for following through to the end - there are rather a lot to follow.
Hope to see you again soon.
'The Making Lady.'