Clarity Stamps on Hochanda 14 March 2018 – Maria Moorhouse
Good afternoon and thank you for your visit to my blog. Mananged to write this blog in the same month as these were shown. Phew!!!
Hope you can understand my instructions.
'The Making Lady'
'The Making Lady'
Strolling, Just Strolling!
· Stamps:- Clarity Characters – Douglas, Lily
· Card/Paper:- Designer Card – Northern Lights; Kraft Card
· Ink Pads:- Radiance Black
· Embossing Powder:- Clear Detail
· Colours:- Polychromos; Inka Gold – Hematite, Gold, Copper, Silver
· Glue:- Mod Podge, Perga Glue
· Canvas:- 10ins x 8ins
1. Cut a frame from three sheets of Kraft Card. Glue together with Mod Podge or similar and allow to dry.
2. Stamp Character borders over, add embossing powder and heat set.
3. Add Inka Gold to suit. Attach acetate to reverse of frame and set aside.
5. Using the lines on the Designer Card, scribble in flowers, shadows and detail.
6. Attach frame over images.
7. For the canvas:- mask centre of canvas. Add a little water to chosen Inka Gold and paint over exposed border. Remove masking tape and paint remainder of canvas with a lighter coverage of Inka Gold to create an ‘ombre’ effect.
8. Attach framed images to canvas with Perga Glue and weight down until dry.
· Stamps:- Clarity Characters – Lily + Lily Border, Douglas Border, Rosie Border, Annabel Border; Large Tailor’s Dummy (this is one of my original Clarity stamps from around 2009)
· Card/Paper:- Kraft Card, Clarity Black Shiny, Theuva, Designer Paper – Rainbow River, Shenandoah; Holographic Mirri Scraps
· Ink Pads:- Radiance Black; Staz-on Black; Artistry – Camel Safari
· Stencil:- Script
· Inka Gold:- Hematite, Copper, Gold, Silver
· Misc:- Sakura Black Star pen,
1. Glue three sheets of A5 Kraft card together with Mod Podge or similar and allow to dry.
2. Stamp and heat emboss Character borders over entire rectangle.
3. Add selection of Inka Gold to suit. Polish with dry baby wipe.
4. Stamp the tripod from Tailor’s Dummy three times onto holographic card scraps. Trim to suit.
5. Stamp Lily a number of times onto chosen Designer Paper and cut out – dress only and paper piece each layer.
6. Stamp Rosie border over chosen image. Colour in with Sakura Black Star.
7. Cut each out, layer up – attaching each layer with Perga Glue.
8. Glue onto tripod. Set aside.
9. Blend Camel Safari through Script mini-stencil and edge same strip with same ink. Layer onto card.
10. Attach dresses onto each Script background.
11. Add onto Inka Gold background followed by Kraft Card.
A Chorus Line!
· Stamps:- Clarity Characters – Douglas; Douglas Silhouette; Word Chain Alphabet
· Card/Paper:- Designer Card & Paper - Northern Lights; Clarity Black; old music score from charity shop
· Ink Pads:- Radiance Black; Artistry Burnt Umber
· Colours:- Polychromos
1. Stamp Douglas central front on Designer card.
3. Stamp a series of Douglas silhouettes in the distance.
4. Colour Douglas with Polychromos.
5. Layer with Designer Paper and black card.
6. Stamp sentiment onto charity shop music score. Tear around perimeter. Edge with Burnt Umber.
7. Add to card.
8. Tear a small circle from matching Designer Paper and form into a buttonhole flower. Attach using Perga Glue.
Take Your Partners!
Stamps:- Clarity Characters – Douglas, Annabel; Word Chain Alphabet
Ink Pads:- Radiance Black; Artistry - Burnt Umber, Mud Stone
Card/Paper:- Stencil, Kraft; Designer Paper remnants
Misc:- Sakura Gold Star pen; Alcohol pens
1. On stencil card draw a number of lines vertically and horizontally using alcohol markers to create a check pattern. Blend Burnt Umber over complete card. Spritz with water and blot. Set aside.
2. Stamp and mask a series of Douglas and a series of Annabel on another sheet of stencil card, using Radiance Black.
3. On same card and to create floorboards, blend Mud Stone over a piece of acetate, in a straight line. Repeat to form the illusion of floor.
4. Colour Douglas and Annabel images, trim and attach to check card.
5. Layer and add to card blank.Stamp chosen sentiment and attach to top.
Many thanks for visiting.
'The Making Lady' ;~}