Tuesday 2 April 2019

Canvas and Pen

  
Quick Checked Canvas 
(as seen in my example for Clarity Stamps.)


My original example (above) was coloured using black Micron pens but when it came to replicating it for these instructions, I used the pens to hand, which happened to be Pitt Pens - assorted black set - by Faber Castell. In colouring the squares, I found the brush pen much quicker,  with more even and consistent coverage than the Micron pen, particularly on the uneven canvas surface. 

*This canvas took no more than 20 minutes from start to  finish. 

Completed Canvas

Materials:-
  • Canvas
  • Black Fine Liner
  • Faber Castell Pitt Brush Pen - Black


Blank canvas

Step 1
With fine liner pen, draw 1st vertical line a short distance from edge of canvas; rotate canvas by 90 degrees and draw second line.

Step 2
Repeat around each edge, rotating canvas by 90 degrees once each line is added. 

Step 3
Continue drawing vertical lines, rotating by 90 degrees until canvas is filled. 

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7
Choose starting square; colour alternate squares. In this example, each square was coloured with a Faber Castell Pitt Brush Pen. 

Step 8

Step 9

Step 10

Complete!

Hope these instructions help - AND I'd love to see your results!

Many thanks for looking at my blog.

Best wishes,

Shelagh
'The Making Lady'







3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Shelagh. Bet I am not as quick as you but I will give it a go. Thank-you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will have to have a go at this too. I bet you will beat me easily, Lynne. Shelagh, the effect is just so good, perfect for a man too. Thank you for your instructions. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am appreciative to the essayist for composing this.
    square canvas prints

    ReplyDelete