Clarity Stamps – Three Knights Stencil – Maria Moorhouse – April 2019
Materials from Clarity
Stencil – ACC-CA-30095-77
Card Blanks – ACC-CA-30647-XX
Designer – Indian Summer – ACC-CA-30525-88
· Artistry – Old Parchment set – INK-AT-50228-XX – Wild Bilberry, Old Parchment, Indian Jamun; Golden Turmeric set – Ink-AT-50225-XX - Lush Lilac
· Embossing – Versamark – INK-VE-50221-XX
· Micron Pens – Black – ACC-PE-30778-XX
· Inka Gold – Gold – ACC-PA-30479-XX, Silver – ACC-PA-30480-XX
· Mica Powder – Perfect Pearl – ACC-MI-30254-XX
· Texture Paste – ACC-PA-30522-XX
· Black Gesso with an added dash of pearl mica powder
· Paint – Pale Gold, Silver
· Embossing Powder – Chunky Black Enamel
· Distress Inks – Picket Fence
Faux Brass Rubbing
· Texture Paste
· Black Gesso
· Pearl Mica Powder – e.g. Perfect Pearls -
· Gold, Silver Paint
· Distress Ink Pad – Picket Fence
· Inka Gold – Gold Silver
· Card – Stencil, Black, Card Blank
1. Tape stencil centrally onto Stencil Card. Spread texture paste over smoothly using spatula or plastic spreader. Remove stencil and clean. Allow image to dry. (I left it overnight.)
2. Mix a small amount of mica powder into black gesso and paint over stencilled image, right to the edges. Dry with heat gun and allow to bubble thus creating texture.
3. Re-attach stencil and blend over Picket Fence. Remove stencil, clean then replace.
4. Paint card with silver paint and remove stencil. Dry with heat gun for more texture.
5. Apply gold paint around edges and in towards centre. Remove stencil and clean. Dry stencilled image with heat gun as in 4.)
6. Replace stencil and brush over Inka Gold in Silver. Repeat with Inka Gold – Gold around the perimeter.
7. Trim away border, mat onto black card followed by white card blank.
· Stencil – Three Knights
· Artistry Inks – Old Parchment, Golden Turmeric
· Stencil Card, Indian Summer Designer Paper
· Micron Pen – 03
1. Tape stencil onto stencil card and blend Lush Lilac over all. Follow with Indian Jamun towards the edges.
2. Blend over Old Parchment in centre of stencil, concentrating on the knights.
3. Swoosh some Wild Bilberry around perimeter for added depth.
4. Leaving stencil in place, outline with micron pen.
5. Layer onto two different but toning sheets of Indian Summer paper before attaching to card blank.
Knights in Black Satin!
· Stencil – Three Knights
· Stencil Card, Matte Black, Card Blank
· Embossing Ink Pad
· Chunky Black Enamel Embossing Powder
1. Tape stencil over stencil card. Apply embossing ink over, using a brayer. Remove stencil.
2. Sprinkle over chunky black enamel embossing powder. Remove stray specks with fine point, dry paintbrush.
3. Heat-set enamel from below to prevent particles blowing over design. Once semi-set, heat from above to enhance glaze on enamel.
4. Layer onto matte black followed by white card.